Friday, May 14, 2010

Just So You Know...

Hey everyone. This is my first Blog entry and I thought I would get right down to it and let you know who I am. My name is Vinny Joy, AKA: My Cousin Vinny and I am married to Valerie Robinson-Joy. We have been married since December 6, 2003 and moved to Chattanooga in May of 2008. The Army moved us here as Valerie is a Sergeant First Class and works in a unit locally. We really love it here and have hopes of retirement (not too soon) in this area. I've got grown children from a previous marriage, both living nearby in North Georgia. God has blessed me with two wonderful grand-boys and a sweet, lovely granddaughter.
My background is in pastoral ministry and I have also been a prison chaplain. Right now I'm finishing up some work with the US Census Bureau and transitioning back into ministry. New Covenant Fellowship Church is our home and I just began serving there as Discipleship Pastor. Tabi Upton and I met while attending a neighborhood event, she representing Chattanoogacounselor.com and I the 2010 Census.
So, why blog? I've got a lot on my mind concerning hope, freedom, grace and overcoming struggles. My desire is to share some of those thoughts here and hopefully encourage someone along the way. I guess it's impossible to live as long as I have (balding and grey hairs prove it) and not discover some things about this life. God has allowed me to go through some stuff and rescued me from so many other disasters. I personally believe that we all need to experience freedom, hope, love and grace. I always remind the guys I minister to in prison that you can be freer in here than some of the folks I know "out there!" real freedom comes from real faith in a real God. My key Bible verse, and I promise not to beat y'all to death with them, is found in the gospel of John, chapter 8, verse 36. And it says: "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed." I believe that from my crop-circle at the top of my head, all the way to my size 12 1/2 feet!
I hope we can have some fun together as we explore this adventurous existence and get to know each other. So, for now...God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited about this blog--we all could use a little more freedom,love, hope, and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinny: Thanks so much for the blog. I will be using it as an area of encouragement for me. Since each day brings a new task for me to have the opportunity to help someone to be free in Christ.

    ReplyDelete